March

Monday, February 23, 2009

Nothing Is Worth More Than This Moment

I've had several of these "moments" lately....moments that I wouldn't give up for anything in the world. I was always a firm believer that a child sleeps in his own bed...no matter what! And when my little guy was a baby,he never slept with us. I just thought that it was better for everyone to be in their own beds. That is until my baby became a toddler who could melt my heart when I walked into his room and he's whimpering "mama, dada" - which I know to mean he wants to sleep in mama and dada's bed. How can you say no to that little person with these alligator tears coming down....And so, we give in at times, mostly on weekends when hubs doesn't have to get up early to go to work. The other night was one of those nights, we were not going to bed yet and so I was just laying down next to him for a little together time. (I've discovered he's a 'quality time' kid) I had been working more than my normal part time hours and I felt guilty that I hadn't had much time with him. So as we were laying there, one hand clutching his brown monkey and with the other he was running his finger up and down the bridge of my nose. It brought a smile to my face! What a precious time and nothing was worth more than that moment, not even the last 10 minutes of CSI that I missed! Cherish the little moments with your kids!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had one of those moments you never want to forget. I love those.

    I just wanted you to know I linked your Buttered Breadsticks this week in my meal plan. I'm so excited to try them.

    ReplyDelete