March

Friday, March 13, 2009

Seafood Chowder

I'm always looking for ways to cut corners or eliminate steps so when I find recipes that do just that I hang on to them! This is one of my favorites and it's been on my menu plan for weeks but I haven't been able to find seafood at a great price!

SEAFOOD CHOWDER

1/2 c chopped onion
1 garlic clove, minced
1 T olive oil
1 can Cream of Celery Soup
1 1/2 c milk
1 T snipped fresh basil or 1 t dried
1/4 t pepper
1 # fresh or frozen seafood - your choice
1/4 c white wine
In a large saucepan saute the onion and garlic in the olive oil until tender, not brown.
Add the Soup, milk, basil and pepper and heat until bubbly.
Add the seafood and return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 3-5 min or until seafood turns opaque. Stir in wine, heat through.
I've used scallops, shrimp, tilapia, cod - They were all yummy! It can easily be doubled and I've also made it without the wine, still good!

Be sure to check out Gayle's Recipe Swap for more great recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment