March

Friday, April 24, 2009

Apple Topped Baked Beans

Well the sun is out in the PNW today - I don't think the weather man called for it but it sure is a welcome surprise.  And after 6 long weeks of waiting....we finally got the keys to our first home!
I'll post pics as soon as we're in and you can watch my remodeling project on a budget.....

Here's a recipe that's been in the family for a long time and it's usually on the summer camping or bbq get togethers list....

Apple Topped Baked Beans

1 28oz can of Baked Beans  (I usually use Bush's)
1 lg apple, shredded
1 T butter
1/4 cup packed brown sugar
3 slices bacon, diced and partially cooked

Place beans in a 1 1/2 quart baking dish.  Sprinkle with shredded apple, dot with butter, sprinkle brown sugar, top with bacon pieces.
Bake at 350 for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
(I think I usually just dump it all in the dish and mix it up....and it turns out great!)

Check out more great recipes at the Grocery Cart Challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment